Irish companies have at their disposal a wide variety of funding programmes, alongside the tax incentives, to support Research, Development & Innovation. The challenge for businesses however, whether indigenous or multinational, is being up to date and navigating the extensive array of financing options so as to get the best fit. Equally challenging can be finding suitable collaborative partners, not least when they are geographically dispersed and have such a diverse range of expertise.
In 2018, IRDG is hosting a new format event, which will bring all the key players involved in supporting and funding business innovation into the one room.
• There will be 3 key strands – 1) Financing in-house activity, 2) Funding collaborative projects and 3) European funding.
• Presentations and updates will be shared by Revenue, Tax Professionals and the European Investment Bank alongside the State Agencies – Enterprise Ireland, IDA, SFI, Irish Research Council, InterTradeIreland and the Horizon 2020 team.
• Business case experiences shared by John Neilan of Cook Medical and Pat Lucey of Aspira will provide a chance to see how other companies have utilised the various supports to progress their innovation activities.
• Exhibitors from the third level research sector will share their capabilities, technologies and funding options for collaborative research.
• Panel discussions featuring a combination of industry, state agencies and third level research representatives will enable a robust Q&A and discussion on the different options available.