The national Innovation Showcase is an ideal networking opportunity for companies in Ireland that want to learn more about collaborative research, development and innovation. This is the second gathering, in the Convention Centre, of all State-supported research centres and technology centres of scale.
Delivering excellent scientific research and game-changing technologies to companies in Ireland, representatives from each of the 38 centres will be joined by officials from State agencies and Higher Education Institutes that can facilitate and fund innovation in companies.
If you are a business person, researcher, investor, or simply interested in hearing about new trends in innovation, then this event is a MUST for you.
There is no attendance fee and we strongly recommend that you bring lots of business cards as there will be plenty of networking opportunities with both academic research teams, industry partners of the centres and State agencies supporting collaborative R&D.
What to Expect
- Network with the leaders of the 38 research centres and technology centres
- Delegates will discover the wide range of supports available for collaboration with the research community.
- See examples of leading-edge technologies and excellent scientific research in six key research themes
- Find out about funding for innovation and R&D
- Get advice on applying to Horizon 2020, the €80BN EU fund for research and innovation
- Meet the technology transfer professionals in Irish Higher Education Institutes and learn about our Knowledge Transfer Ireland web portal.
- Get an insight into trends in innovation and what’s coming down the track from our keynote speakers.
- Hear from 12 entrepreneurs with big ideas.
Big Ideas - Investor ready start-ups pitch session
Running in parallel to the networking event is the Big Ideas – investor ready start-ups event. The Big Ideas Showcase illustrates the quality of research happening in universities and institutes of technology across the country. It demonstrates the success of Ireland’s national technology transfer system and exhibits the high standard of research that this country is producing.
If you are an investor and are looking for new start-up companies emerging from State-funded research, then this session is not to be missed. You will have the opportunity to set up meetings with the 12 promoters behind these new start-ups prior to the event.