The Centre for Applied Data Analytics Research (CeADAR) is an industry-focused technology centre for the development and deployment of big data analytics technology and innovation, focusing on developing tools, techniques and technologies that enable people, organisations and industries to use analytics for better decision making.
The aim of the CeADAR is to rapidly deliver deployable big data analytics technology demonstrators to industry from a research agenda that is solely defined by its industry members. The primary outputs are prototypes and demonstrators, along with state-of-the-art reviews of data analytics technology, tools, best practice methodologies and processes. The prototypes and demonstrators are proposed by the Centre’s industry members and resourced from our core funds. Each of the 20 projects that we deliver each year produces:
- A technology and competitive state-of-the-art review.
- Technical specification agreed with industry partners.
- A technology demonstrator within six months of project start.
- Assistance with member on-premise demonstrator evaluation.
The Centre has an extensive catalogue of demonstrators, IP and big data analytics technology assessments, which are immediately available for evaluation. It is also the focal point of a thriving data analytics ecosystem delivering courses, seminars, conferences, consultancy and members' networking events throughout the year.
- Visualisation and analytic interfaces
- Data management for analytics
- Advanced analytics
Research performed by:
- University College Dublin
- University College Cork
- Dublin Institute of Technology