The Innovation Value Institute’s (IVI) contribution to Government and industry is the availability of a body of knowledge that directs those managing information and technology in the most effective practices dedicated to optimising their investment and delivering business outcomes and value.
The IVI researches, develops and disseminates empirically proven and industry validated IT best practice through a unique open collaboration between leading academic and industry practitioners. The IVI facilitates a collaborative community of like-minded peers committed to investigating, advancing and disseminating the frameworks, tools and best practices associated with managing IT value and IT enabled innovation. The IT-Capability Maturity Framework (CMF) has been used by over 500 global organisations to enable and measure improvements in key areas:
- IT capability measurement and improvement;
- IT organisational design and capability management;
- IT business alignment and leadership;
- Organisation benchmarking and best practice;
- IT risk management – DP; and,
- Enabling digital processes across all business departments
The IVI represents a ‘triple-helix’ support and innovation model across academia, government and industry, and facilitates a thriving international consortium, which now includes over 100 organisations globally. This collaboration provides the stable foundation and ecosystem to transform the way public and private sector organisations manage IT for value and innovation.
- Defining and presenting the capability that organisations need to use the opportunities presented by technology and information management
- Developing the tools and training needed to allow organisations to use our research output
- Defining and developing an IT capability framework for SMEs
- Using the IVI capability framework to address current business challenges
- Developing a European framework for ICT professionalism for the European Commission
Research performed by: