DPTC - The Dairy Processing Technology Centre
What is DPTC
DPTC is a centre of excellence for dairy processing research and innovation. The Centre will help to fuel growth in the Irish dairy sector by performing research focused on cost-efficient processing, facilitating a step-change in environmental sustainability and creating, validating and commercialising a pipeline of science and technology based manufacturing platforms for dairy ingredients.
The foundation of the DPTC is a strong, long-term industry– academic collaborative partnership that will develop, build and translate the knowledge and capabilities in dairy processing that are needed today and for the long-term growth and development of the sector.
• Efficiencies – cost competitiveness in dairy processing
• Process development – next generation dairy processing science and technology
• Product innovation – innovating for value through dairy processing
• Quality and safety – product quality and safety by design
• Environmental sustainability – towards a zero emissions dairy industry
Research performed by:
• University of Limerick
• University College Cork
• University College Dublin
• Dublin City University
• National University of Ireland Galway
• Technological University Dublin
• Trinity College Dublin
For more information please click here.