Shannon ABC - Nutraceuticals Research - Tralee/ Limerick
What is Shannon ABC
Shannon ABC (Applied Biotechnology Centre) delivers solutions to the challenges faced by industries by developing new processes and products from bio resources. These solutions are delivered to the biotech, food and life science industries. Shannon ABC develops state-of-the-art processes, using ingredients and biological products from natural resources. The results of these processes include drug development, and value added food, flavour and medicinal products. Collaboration, a key focus of Shannon ABC, has happened on both a regional and a national basis with partners in the industry of bioactive compounds, as well as with others in the biotechnology sector. Shannon ABC delivers confidential collaboration with industry, academia, research centres and researchers in Ireland and abroad through Horizon 2020.
• Physico-chemical characterisation of materials
• Bioprospecting & bioprocessing: screening, extraction, characterisation and testing of bioactive molecules, as well identifying routes to scale-up
• Analytical and research services
• Munster Technological University
• Limerick Institute of Technology
For more information please click here.